In the kitchen with Phlip -- hot wings & potato wedges

The plan for the evening was salmon patties and mashed potatoes, but while in Wal Mart, Katie suggested the desire for hot wings...
Sheeit, I am ALWAYS up to eat hot wings, so I was all damned for it without argument, so this meal that was not going to be a blog quickly became one.



Apple Cider vinegar.


Balsamic Vinegar...


Worstershorstershire sauce, word to Yosemite Sam.


Cayenne pepper... The amount to be used directly proportional to your level of bravery, and I am ignorantly brave when it comes to this.


Chicken wings...


Kitchen shears, INVENTED for chicken wings.


Retarded extra section removed, perfectly sectioned.


1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar, 2-3 dashes of balsamic, 2-3 dashes of worsteshorstershire sauce, then add cayenne/other seasons to taste, perhaps a little garlic as well.


Mrs. Chicken Wings, please get acquainted with Mr. Grease.


They'll come out of the grease looking like this, give them a minute to drain, then put them in a bowl, then...


Shake the wings up in the sauce in the bowl, shake it a few times for full coverage.


Secret: apple corer that has NEVER seen an apple, and likely never will. The secret to Phlip's Phamous wedges.


3 of these, but I had cut one before photographing.


Push straight down on it and you'll get the prettiest wedges (and one cylindrical one) you've ever seen.


They'll come out of the corer looking like this.


SALT/SEASON THEM IMMEDIATELY!!!


I have not yet eaten A SINGLE wing, since I am typing right now, but Katie seems to be enjoying them very much over there, so I surely will as well.
Beer of choice this evening is Killian's Irish Red.
Enjoy!

Comments

Okay, you honestly DON'T KNOW the life changing experience that is Phlip's hot wings and wedges... My mouth is on fire right now.. I've downed 2 Mike's hard pomegranate punch and plenty of ranch... Long story short.. You need this in your life!!
Ryan said…
You know how you see someone with something then you say something like "let me have one?" Phil broke me from asking for wings do to the volcanic liquid that was poured over them. This was over 6 years ago however I now manage to eat my wings the same way now. It really cuts down on having to share ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

True Story©... The Treasure Hunt Pt. III

AMERICAN (bout damn time) Automotive Pr0ns -- SSC Ultimate Aero TT