If you're like me, you download a ton of pr0ns and music, a lot of which comes attached in rapidshare links or similar (mediafire, megaupload, hotfile, sendspace, etc...), and you may or may not fuck with torrents -- which I don't.
One point of strussfration is having to wait on, or actively attend to the starting and handling of your downloads when they come in this method. Without a premium (paid) account, then you are not allowed concurrent downloads on most of these channels, not to mention that you must wait between downloads. Not to mention that this can GREATLY fuck the download/completion of multi-part archives.
Imagine with me that such a program exists that would allow you to actually queue your downloads, that it will wait the necessary time between downloads and go forward with them -- even entering CAPTCHA for you -- save them to the folder of your choosing and even extract the files from the archives and delete the .zip/.rar files from your computer?
Well we're in luck, because such a program exists!
JDownloader is it.
It also allows you to download that video off of YouTube before it gets pulled off the internets, for the record.
Multi part archives? No problem! It will assemble them into a "package" and wait until all have been downloaded prior to unzipping any of them.
I was put onto it by the homie Galen back in September(?) and I have been using it since, and it has made my life so much easier, it automatically recognizes that I have copied the URL of a link that it can handle, checks to make sure that it is online and waits for me to tell it to go forward. I would be inclined to think that this is one of my favorite programs that I use every day, behind firefox.
Free and open-source, Java-based and works for Mac and Windows machines. In order for the file extraction portion to work, you WILL need a file extraction software, such as WinZip, WinRAR or 7Zip. The latter two are free, so google them.
Go forth and download now, people. And don't say I never did anything for you!
Life, love, hip hop, humor AND instructions on how to cook a bangin'-ass meal... all in one place. I put the words here, make what you want of them.
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (110)
- General fatassery
- Not that anyone might notice or particularly care....
- Italian Automotive Pr0ns -- De Tomaso Pantera
- Observations from a grocery line
- Spring Cleaning
- Healthcare reform... a discussion of sorts
- "I wub jeebus, do you?"... a discussion
- On the internets with Phlip... Programs you could ...
- Gangster rappin'
- British Automotive Pr0ns -- TVR Sagaris
- "I don't like that!"... A discussion
- Desperation becomes them...
- Who says reality TV is faked?
- On Tiger, Elin, Granny and a pint of Courvasier......
- Shit or get off the pot
- As we get into it...
- AMERICAN (bout damn time) Automotive Pr0ns -- SSC ...
- "Cross that line..." a discussion
- This (well, last) Week in Sporting news...
- Speaking of sequels...
- March 9th... today in history
- Frats/Sorors, the ORIGINAL gangs... A guest/co-scr...
- Lessons learned in public school...
- ESPN 30 for 30...
- Why such haste?
- The extinction of the American male
- ▼ March (26)