"How ya like me now"... a conversation

This is another one that The Katie came into the house with after work last night… Sometimes she does that and I spend a whole day thinking of reasons NOT to do it, only to see that it is actually an entertaining idea.
So here we go…


Question of the day… You’re doing a whole lot better SINCE your ex(es) than you ever were when actually with them. Do you rub their faces in it or keep quiet?


First response came from the homie Jamal, with…
“Quiet”

Next came friend since late 1991 Brice, with…
“You add them as a friend on facebook! LOL”

Next was former coworker, Toi, with…
“Rub it in their face especially if they kept telling you that wouldn’t do better without them”

Next was former coworker Portia, adding onto Toi's response, with…
“Or tell that blabber mouth ‘mutual’ friend! lol”

After her was friend of a friend Joi, with…
“if you're truly better without them then your happiness shines through and you don't have to brag... it comes across as trying to show them you're doing well in an attempt to entice them back... it also blows up in your face if something goes wrong and they laugh harder at ya... just focus on you and leave the mess of the past in the past...”

Next was the homie Fatty with…
“Make it known to the wold, that you doing better”

Then came the homie Derek with…
"Well Phil, since we are both considered a genius, I say that you don't even have to brag now. I quite sure one of her friends has already seen you doing better."

Then best friend Roger, with…
"If a person is doing that well and the ex was that bad/boring/etc., they shouldnt be thinking about it or give a damn. Wish them the best, even if your doing better. Karma is a bitch..."

Next was friend Chad B, with...
"Be the bigger man and don’t say anything. If you have mutual freinds she knows"

Then my cousin Byron, with...
"Aint no point in rubbing their face in it cuz if you do that I feel way back in ya head you still giva damn. So I think its best to do you and let by gones be by gones. You know the streets talk anyway."

As for me?
Fuck, I hate to have people in my business in general. And I have always said that living better is the best vindication. That said, everytime I find an ex or one pops up on the “people you may know” on facebook, I not only NOT add that person, but I block them.

[Phlip note – I have only had to do this one time to date]

Not a bragger, fuck me and the stuff I got! I can understand things from others' point of view…
Sure, I have had a couple of VERY ugly situations to end proceedings in my numerically few past relationships, but something about being a bigger and ultimately better man lies in my ability to leave those things and people behind me. That said, only one of my exes’ numbers is still in my phone while I have had the same phone number for 10+ years now. Even we haven’t spoken in almost 4 years now and she is now married and I will be in about 345 days.
Yes, I am sure that there are, as named above, that collection of loud-mouth mutual acquaintances who will make it known that my life is in an all-around better place than it was or likely would have been with them, while they collect children and fathers for said children. I am more than willing to let those folks do the talking for me if anyone must say anything, though I would rather let my accomplishments (ACCOMPLISHMENTS, not just actions) do the talking.
Besides, my life now is in no way a competition with the life I used to lead, so no need in dragging shit I might otherwise regret had I not learned from it back up to relive, now is there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Story©... The Treasure Hunt Pt. IV

True Story©... Return of the Moose