But one of them rightfully does...
I know what you’re thinking… “Phlip, you lazy f*ck!”
And you MIGHT not be terribly inaccurate in such an assessment, except for 2 things…
Nothing was more “on topic” for today’s post than what I have chosen.
And… if I had known that this would happen just 2 days later, I might have chosen differently the first time around.
Today marks the day that, in 1940 and quite apparently to commemorate his date of birth, Booker T Washington – my topic from 2 days ago – was made the first black American to appear on a postage stamp.
I could go in on why this should matter, but I SWEAR I did the research and typing on that just a couple days ago, please refer back to that instead? Please and thank you.
Life, love, hip hop, humor AND instructions on how to cook a bangin'-ass meal... all in one place. I put the words here, make what you want of them.
- ► 2012 (35)
- April 15 -- The reason no one can wear #42 in base...
- NBA Season-End post
- Unfriend your mom on FaceBook
- April 12 -- Happy Birthday, Herbie!
- April 9 -- Paul Robeson
- April 8 -- 715
- April 7 -- Most of My Heroes Don't Appear on no St...
- An Alcoholic's repost
- April 6 -- Lando Calrissian
- April 5 -- And the 'T' stands for "Taliaferro'...
- April 4 -- Dream, Deferred
- April 3 -- "I've been to the mountaintop"
- April 2 -- Hoya Paranoia
- April 1 -- April (non) Fool's Day
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2010 (178)